Sunday 25 June 2017

Humming Bird

Hi all
As promised here is the other card that was shown on Hochanda.

I first made a Pixie Powder background ( I think it was the Emerald Green) and then die cut SW Hummingbird out of black card. I simple laid it on top of the background for a really quick and easy card. I mounted it on to another piece of black card that I run through my Platinum with a mask that was inked with Versamark. When I removed the mask I used clear embossing powder and heat set it. I am not sure if you can see this in the pics but it just adds that little something in real life.


I am sorry I have not visited many blogs over the last week or so and its been a while since I posted anything- but life has a habit of getting in the way. I was hoping to do more crafting while I have been in between jobs but that was not meant to be. 
Unfortunately, we have had a run bad news recently, just like the proverbial bus they all come at once.
My friend (only 49) has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and starts her treatment next Friday, while another sadly lost her husband after a long illness, my husband's friend had a heart attack (luckily he is ok and had 3 stents put in and is recovering at home and waiting to go back to hospital to have a 4th put in). Then my sister in law who has not been well for a few months finally got her tests results back from the hospital with a diagnosis of lung cancer due to her been exposed to asbestos as a child- can you believe it !! It is so sad only 47 and given a year to live !
All of this in just one week my head is in a spin and the family has been turned upside down again!!

And then in amongst all this I get a phone call to say I was successful in one of the jobs I had applied for (yeah). I have accepted it and am due to start on 3rd July.

I hope you all have a good week and take care of each other.
xxx

I am entering this card in the folling challenges
animal friends -animals with wings
crafty animals #3 AG
delicious doodles challenge 2 All Creatures Great and Small
the crafty addicts #37 Anything Goes/ with an option of Summer colours






5 comments:

  1. Pixie powders are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, beautiful card you have created.
    Really sorry to read all the bad things that are happening at the moment.
    Hope things are easier with you now and you enjoy your new job.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very striking card in both it's design and colours, love it.
    Hope things get better for you soon.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria
    So sorry, I appear to have missed this. Beautiful effect you have got with the mask.
    My goodness, that's a serious run of bad news you have had to endure.
    Hope things have settled down and that the new job is going well.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete