Monday 24 April 2017

Stained Glass Window - Humming Bird

Hi All
I recently purchased Sue Wilson Humming Bird die from her Stained Glass collection and this is the first card I made with it.

I die cut a peice of black card and glued this on to a peice of acetate. I then turned it over and used Pixie Powders mixed with water and CS glue to paint on the back of the die.
I had to do this over a couple of days due the drying time of the 'paint' to minimise it bleeding into the colour next to it.
Once dry I mounted it as shown on blue card which I had embossed with my new favourite CE Falling Snow embossing folder (so you will be seeing a lot more of it lol)

You will be glad to here that Rufus (my cat) is now well and is no longer under house arrest - although he does tend not to wander very far from home now.
I am finally recovering from my bout of flu although my daughter has now got it so she is not happy with me .. It is horrible the cough was horrendous and caused my asthma to flare up which is a nuisance but I am taking more medication to control it.
Back to South Yorkshire on Wednesday to do some more training. I have been working on my CV as June will be with us before we know it. This year is flying by so quickly.


 Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

I have entered this card in the follwoing challenges:
crafting from the heart # 156 AG
allsorts challenge # 412 something beginning with a B
Brown sugar challenge #247 use a die cut
MAWTT #43 birds and feathers





9 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation and such lovely intensity of colour, thanks so much for joining in our 'I spy' theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, lovely card, looks very effective, thanks for joining in at MAWTT and Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Art Deco and I love Art Deco,your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is gorgeous.Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog Birds and Feathers. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool design. TFS it with Brown Sugar Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maria
    Wow, looks just like a stained glass window. Beautiful! Hope you're managing to shake this lurgy off but glad to hear the handsome Rufus is on the prowl again.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and we hope to see you again tomorrow for our new challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Maria and it really does look like a stained glass window xx

    ReplyDelete