Monday 23 January 2017

To A Special Friend

Hi bloggers
We woke to freezing fog is morning.. Brrr !!
Well I'm another year older... It was my birthday yesterday so I thought I would take today of work as I have been working 6 days a week  and needed some time to catch up on stuff that was getting left, including my sleep lol..
We  all went out for a lovely curry on Saturday night and yesterday I had some time in my craft room, which is always good.
 I made this card for a very good friend of mine, a lovely caring lady and a great listener.
This is my first attempt using John Lockwood's kitchen roll technique.
I used a lot of pixie powders for my Christmas cards and the kitchen roll was laying under the paper soaking up the excess.
I used this for my background which is sealed with glitter Modge Podge.
I made the card blank from Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced square from her Noble collection, which framed the background too.

 The flowers are made from the same background from Spellbinders cinch and go flowers, completed by pearls in the center. The sentiment is on of John Lockwood's.

 I hope you can see the glitter it was hard to photograph especially as the light has been so terrible recently with the weather being rainy and the grey skies.

Thanks for stopping by I really do appreciate you taking the time.

I have entered this card in the following challenges.
brown sugar challenge 243 ATG
crafting-with-friends challenge 35 ATG
Creative inspirations - challenge 266 fabulous flowers
Winter wonderland spring fever/flowers/sunshine-romance.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card and love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland and hope you join us again. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria
    A belated Happy Birthday to you. Hope you had a lovely day.
    Smashing card and great use of John's technique. You can really see the sparkle.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Maria. Happy Belated Birthday to you. Love your background and flowers.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Lou DT xo

    ReplyDelete