Thursday 7 January 2016

Peach and Mica

Hi all

A Happy New Year to you all.

 A card made from my ever growing box of left over pieces.
I am sure we all have one of these boxes because as crafters we just cannot bear to throw anything away lol..


 The background is made from a piece of white card that I covered with  an adhesive sheet. I peeled the backing off and placed my mask over the top. I dusted a selection of mica powders through the mask. I then gently peeled the mask off and added glitter the rest of the exposed adhesive.
I made a frame to go over the background and used a flourish stamp on the opposite corners of the frame with a peach ink.
The sentiment is one I printed from my computer and the dies where ones I had already cut. I think they are a combination of Tattered Lace and Sue Wilson.

A peach bow, flowers and pearls finish the card.

I hope you like it.



























I have entered this card in the following challenges;

happy little stampers
inspiration destination challenge NO-67
seize the birthday- anything goes
as you like it anything-goes
crafty time challenge



7 comments:

  1. Hi Maria
    Happy New Year!
    Love how you have done the background. Did a stamped mica one today but haven't done with a mask yet.
    I keep all my scraps in plastic wallets for each colour and have a clear out about twice a year......and surprise myself at ow much rubbish I keep lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, thank you your kind comment on my blog,
    Love this beautiful delicate card, pretty colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous, Maria. I love the colours very much and the lay out is gorgeous too. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card and I love the background you have created! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Crafty Time. Good luck and we hope to see you again next time. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous.. love this creation and the fact that is from leftovers is even better... Great Job... Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete